7.11.2010

After 14 days of stitching...

The Pumpkin Farm
is nearing
completion...
I've found an old picture frame from my ever growing antique picture frame collection that I will use to frame this piece. The frame measures 8 1/2" x 8 1/2...a perfect fit for The Pumpkin Farm. I don't know much about the artwork in this piece by Jessie Willco Smith...
After carefully removing the old rusty nails and wire hanger from the back of the frame, I'll give it a coat of rusty orange or maybe gold over black and then distress it for an old "time-worn" look.

This ends my weekly Sunday afternoon stitching progress post of The Pumpkin Patch. The next pictures will be of the finished piece...woot woot!! Keep a close eye right here for pictures of completed piece and release date of this cross stitch pattern.



The Jack 0 Lantern chuckled
then winked his funny eye,
"I'd rather be a pumpkin head
than be inside a pie!"


Jolly wolly pumpkin head
you're happy tell us why?
"I'd rather be a pumpkin head
than a pumpkin pie!"


Have a good week,
Brenda




4 comments:

Shirley said...

I will anxious to see the Pumkin Farm when you get it finish. Watching you do counted has almost got me to the point where I would like to try my hand at it. I enjoyed your son's previous post and pictures. His Hobo Meal we have made only I used cream of celery soup. I don't like mushroom soup. His jeans remind me of my boy's. His always has holes unless it is the ones he wears to work. I will never forget the day he took his grandmother shopping with the jeans on that had holes. He told her he had his mickey mouse shorts on under them. I thought she was going to faint when he told her that. Kids. Have a wonderful day.

The French Bear said...

Love this pattern! I can hardly wait, you are making so creative I am on a stitching wave again!!!
There is just something so sweet about pumpkin heads!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hey Brenda~
I stopped by your blog today and it is just wonderful! I have many of your lovely patterns and enjoy them all so much!! I became a follower today and look forward to checking up with all your new patterns! Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime!
Blessings~
Julie

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pumpkin farm finished and I love the little poem at the end..You do beautiful work and I love your blog..Have a wonderful week..